Bomber jacket is such a fun piece to wear for casual events, but I feel it’s near impossible to wear in an office environment. It is looking like the trend will continue into the fall, and although I’m not sure if it will be a practical purchase, I can’t help but look at them online.
Here are some of my picks from ASOS, some are very classic, some are modified bombers. There are so many options out there that I hope I’ll be able to find one that works for me!
- Adidas Originals Primary Three Stripe Bomber Jacket – Adidas bomber jackets are definitely a classic. I love the signature 3 stripe and the Originals’ logo. There are many color combination and I thought the pop of the 3 primary colors gives the overall look some fun factor.
- ASOS Bomber Jacket in Color Block – Going for something a little more feminine, the pink and grey comb brings out a more girly side of bomber jackets. It looks very soft and comforting, and will work great as casual wear.
- Monik Textured Jersey Bomber Jacket – This piece has a slightly different texture/material than the traditional bomber. The texture makes you do a double take when you first see it and I think it’s a great way to make it look less casual.
- New Look Padded Bomber Jacket – I think the color I’m most interested in is a olive green bomber jacket because it’s just so easy to pair with everything. The neutral tone of the green goes well with black, grey, white, brown and the list goes on. Keeping it simple is usually the best policy!
- ASOS Longline Bomber Jacket in Satin Fabric – This jacket in particular caught my eye because of the interesting hemline. I like that it has the traditional bomber jacket but the shape looks completely different. I think this piece will be fun to style when you want to dress up a little.
It has been very exciting around here! After a little over 8 and a half years of dating, Brian and I finally made it official and are now engaged! There are no words to describe our happiness and excitement, I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with the person that understands me, makes me so happy, and knows how to calm me down when I’m being unreasonably stressed.
The future is unknown, but I’m so grateful that I’ll have him to lean on through thick and thin.
Hi everyone! Hope you’re doing well. I apologize for being a little absent on the blog lately, but there’s a good reason for that… We welcomed a new member to our family last weekend! And life has not been the same since.
Meet Henry, our little baby Corgi. He’s currently just a little over 10 weeks old! He has the same birthday as his me and the same Chinese Zodiac sign as my parents, which I find incredibly endearing. We love him to death, although sometimes he could be a handful and hard to deal with (comes with the territory I supposed, haha). We’re doing our best to get our life back to a somewhat normal schedule, but it will take a while before he grows to be a calmer pup *fingers crossed*.
I’m hoping to be resuming to a more normal blog schedule in the next week or two, please bear with me! In the meantime, you can follow Henry’s growing diary on his Instagram account @henrycorgibear for a daily dose of cuteness!
One of the most talked about sale of the year is here! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is usually the best time to shop and preview some of the new items for fall, and of course scoop up some great beauty deals that is good year round.
Here are some items that’s caught my eye from this year’s sale that I think would be great additions to everyone’s fall wardrobe/beauty routine.
- Sigma The Power Pair Set – I’ve been washing my brushes with my hands since I first started using brushes, which was sufficient enough when it was mainly just eyeshadow brushes. But recently I started using more and more foundation/tinted moisturizer and I realize how much product can get trapped in there, it takes a long time to get out washing by hand, and still sometimes I still don’t feel they’re 100% clean. When I saw this set in the “Beauty Exclusives” section, I was more than thrilled. Not only have I been eyeing this little mat for a long time, but I also get a flat top kabuki brush which will be great to add into my foundation brush rotation. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I cannot wait to clean my brushes!
- Glamglow Glamazing Gravity Mud Set – The very popular silver mask that took the internet by storm. I had a sample size of this a while back and loved the way it make my face feel after using (and on top of that, the silver mask looks super cool that I almost convinced Brian to use it too, almost). With my mom coming to visit in August, I thought this might be a fun mother daughter activity to do with her while dad is out busy at the conference.
- Diptyque Scented Candle Set – I love candles all year round, but especially in the fall and winter because it makes the space feel extra cozy. Diptyque candles are loved by many but also cost a pretty penny, this set has some of the most iconic scents from Diptyque and is a great way to test out the water. They also come in super adorable tiny packaging which is great to use as displays around the house.
- Voluspa Maison Blanc Mini Tin Candle Trio – Another candle selection but at a more affordable price point. Last year when they had these trios during the Anniversary Sale I almost purchased them, but at the time I had just purchased a couple Diptyque candles from Hautelook and couldn’t justify having 10 candles sitting around my tiny apartment so I passed. This year, with all the ones I have running low, I’ll finally be able to give these a try! There are 2 scent combinations so I would definitely recommend stopping by the store to give them a sniff!
- Hinge Wool Round Crown Hat – Hats always sound like a great idea, but whenever I get ready in the morning, I always prefer beanies over hats with brims. But this year, I would like to try and change things up a bit and add some hats to my wardrobe rotation. I think they can really add to an outfit, and I feel like if it’s a well fitted hat, it would withstand the wind outside and not ruin your hair after a day of wear. We’ll see if I end up sticking to my words tho…
- BLANKNYC Morning Suede Moto Jacket – Moto jackets are something I think are great additions to any wardrobe. Though I only own 2 currently (one thin one for spring and summer, one black leather for the fall and winter), I reach for them almost every time I want to up my outfit game. I’ve been wanting to get a suede one in a neutral color since last winter, but wasn’t able to find one that I like at a reasonable price point. When I saw this one on sale, I immediately added it to my wishlist. I’m a little worried that it might be a little too cropped, but I’m excited to try it on when it arrives in the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed that it fits the way I want.
- French Connection Hooded Parka With Faux Fur Trim – Parkas are a fun stable for fall and winter. I’m always most drawn to the olive colored ones. I love this one especially because the fur is black instead of the standard neutral/brown colors. It reminds me of one of the ones Zara came out with last year (that was sold out in my size before I could order one). The only thing that worries me is the fit, as I’m pretty short and it’s really hard to find a parka that doesn’t look like it’s swallowing me.
- BLANKNYC Skinny Dipper Distressed Skinny Jeans – Okay, I know ripped jeans are not really great for winter, but it’s perfect for fall weekend when it’s just cool enough out but you still want to show some skin. I’ve been eyeing this pair of jeans since last year, it’s been living in my wishlist and I’m happy to see it on sale! Though I’m worried about the practicality of them, they would definitely be fun to add to my weekend wardrobe.
- Aquatalia Olita Weatherproof Riding Boot – I have a pair of black riding boots that’s been with me since college. I’ve been so happy with them that I have not bother to look for another pair, until the beginning of this year when I realize it’s slowly falling apart. I’m definitely going to take it to a shoe parlor and try to see if they can put my baby back together, but in case they can’t, I think these will be a great replacement pair. I love the style of riding boots and the hardware/detail on these are very simple but cute. I also love the fact that it’s weatherproof (but what does that mean exactly?), so hopefully it’ll hold up in the snow better compare to my old ones.
- Frye Melissa Button Leather Riding Boot – Another riding boots option, but this pair comes in 2 different brown shades. I had a pair of brown boots but I have not worn them in years because in the winter I usually just grab everything black for a very easy put together outfit. But these will be great for fun fall outdoor activities, they’ll also look super cute with flannels.
- Dior So Real Sunglasses – This one is something you need to be ready to splurge on. They’re beautiful sunglasses and I’ve been wanting them for the longest time. I ended up getting a dupe from ASOS a couple weeks ago (not in the colors I want but that was the only option they have) and I think I’ll be able to move on without these. Though when I saw these as part of the Anniversary Sale, I was pretty excited! If you just can’t go without them for any longer, you do get a decent discount during the sale!
Can you tell I’m a little obsessed with Glossier? They’re hands down my favorite makeup brand for when I want an effortless look. I’ve been holding out on getting the original Glossier product Balm Dotcom because I have so many lip balms and chapsticks sitting around my house, though I’ve been dying to try them. So after a couple of months of clearing out my balm/chapstick stash, I was finally at the point where it’s time to restock!
With my parents coming to visit next month, I thought it’s a good idea to get extras for my mom and have her bring a few back for some of my friends in Taiwan to try. I ended up ordering the Balm Dotcom Trio and the Coconut Balm Dotcom, and now I’m having a hard time deciding which one to keep.
Their packaging is always so cute, and the graphic design is beautiful but funky at the same time. I think of all 4 of these, I would most likely be keeping the rose because I love the hint of color in the rose and the scent is just so dreamy, but I also like how versatile the coconut can be because you can use it for dry patches on the skin as well since it’s colorless. Decisions decisions… But either way, I’m excited to give these a go, and who knows, I might just end up ordering all of them again for myself later on…
Summer always makes me long for beachy waves and blond hair. My hair was already pretty light after my trip back to Taiwan, and recently I decided to chop it off for a change. Not only did I chop off 6″ of my hair, I also ended up doing some color correction and got rid of the very obvious roots growing on my head, and I’m loving my new hair do! Now I pretty much have a balayage which is something I’ve always wanted to try!
With a new hair cut, I thought it was appropriate to get some fun hair products to go along with it. I’ve heard so many good things about Oribe, and I finally ordered some of their products to try.
First lets start with the Gold Lust Hair Oil which I have been eyeing for the longest time. I’ve notice my hair getting really dry since the coloring/highlighting session in February, and I’ve been desperately looking for a solution for it. This is the perfect match for what I was looking for! It’s light weight, but feels very nourishing and helps fix the dryness of my hair. I love that it doesn’t make me feel greasy or leave my hair looking oily, it gives just enough oomph on the dry parts.
Second is the Matt Wave Texture Lotion, a product that is supposed to give you the salt spray beach waves but without the dryness. Sounds like a dream come true! I wasn’t really sure what I was expecting out of this because I have stick straight hair and salt sprays usually don’t work that well on me. And as expected, when I first used it as directed and let my hair air dry, it only gives me the pieciness of being at the beach but unfortunately with no waves. After experimenting with it for a few times, I find it very helpful when I put it in before I blow dry/style my hair. It kind of acts as a pre styling cream and helps hold the curls and it gives a little bit of the pieciness to create a more “beach like” look. Although it doesn’t give me beachy waves just by air drying, it does help me get there with a little help!
Lastly is the very much hyped Dry Texturizing Spray that I was always hesitant to purchase because I have not had good experiences with hair spray in the past. I was lucky to have a coupon code for a sample size can so I could try it before committing to the full size one, I used it for the first time today and the result is seriously amazing. I really love the texture it adds to my hair after curling, it gives my roots some much needed lift and make the overall look that much more effortless (though we all know the effortless look are the ones that takes the most effort).
Overall I’m very pleased with my Oribe purchase! It left a very good first impression on me and I’m excited to experiment around more with them. What are some of your favorite hair products? What would you recommend someone with really straight hair like me to try to achieve a nice and long lasting beachy wave hair?