One of the most talked about sale of the year is here! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is usually the best time to shop and preview some of the new items for fall, and of course scoop up some great beauty deals that is good year round.
Here are some items that’s caught my eye from this year’s sale that I think would be great additions to everyone’s fall wardrobe/beauty routine.
- Sigma The Power Pair Set – I’ve been washing my brushes with my hands since I first started using brushes, which was sufficient enough when it was mainly just eyeshadow brushes. But recently I started using more and more foundation/tinted moisturizer and I realize how much product can get trapped in there, it takes a long time to get out washing by hand, and still sometimes I still don’t feel they’re 100% clean. When I saw this set in the “Beauty Exclusives” section, I was more than thrilled. Not only have I been eyeing this little mat for a long time, but I also get a flat top kabuki brush which will be great to add into my foundation brush rotation. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I cannot wait to clean my brushes!
- Glamglow Glamazing Gravity Mud Set – The very popular silver mask that took the internet by storm. I had a sample size of this a while back and loved the way it make my face feel after using (and on top of that, the silver mask looks super cool that I almost convinced Brian to use it too, almost). With my mom coming to visit in August, I thought this might be a fun mother daughter activity to do with her while dad is out busy at the conference.
- Diptyque Scented Candle Set – I love candles all year round, but especially in the fall and winter because it makes the space feel extra cozy. Diptyque candles are loved by many but also cost a pretty penny, this set has some of the most iconic scents from Diptyque and is a great way to test out the water. They also come in super adorable tiny packaging which is great to use as displays around the house.
- Voluspa Maison Blanc Mini Tin Candle Trio – Another candle selection but at a more affordable price point. Last year when they had these trios during the Anniversary Sale I almost purchased them, but at the time I had just purchased a couple Diptyque candles from Hautelook and couldn’t justify having 10 candles sitting around my tiny apartment so I passed. This year, with all the ones I have running low, I’ll finally be able to give these a try! There are 2 scent combinations so I would definitely recommend stopping by the store to give them a sniff!
- Hinge Wool Round Crown Hat – Hats always sound like a great idea, but whenever I get ready in the morning, I always prefer beanies over hats with brims. But this year, I would like to try and change things up a bit and add some hats to my wardrobe rotation. I think they can really add to an outfit, and I feel like if it’s a well fitted hat, it would withstand the wind outside and not ruin your hair after a day of wear. We’ll see if I end up sticking to my words tho…
- BLANKNYC Morning Suede Moto Jacket – Moto jackets are something I think are great additions to any wardrobe. Though I only own 2 currently (one thin one for spring and summer, one black leather for the fall and winter), I reach for them almost every time I want to up my outfit game. I’ve been wanting to get a suede one in a neutral color since last winter, but wasn’t able to find one that I like at a reasonable price point. When I saw this one on sale, I immediately added it to my wishlist. I’m a little worried that it might be a little too cropped, but I’m excited to try it on when it arrives in the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed that it fits the way I want.
- French Connection Hooded Parka With Faux Fur Trim – Parkas are a fun stable for fall and winter. I’m always most drawn to the olive colored ones. I love this one especially because the fur is black instead of the standard neutral/brown colors. It reminds me of one of the ones Zara came out with last year (that was sold out in my size before I could order one). The only thing that worries me is the fit, as I’m pretty short and it’s really hard to find a parka that doesn’t look like it’s swallowing me.
- BLANKNYC Skinny Dipper Distressed Skinny Jeans – Okay, I know ripped jeans are not really great for winter, but it’s perfect for fall weekend when it’s just cool enough out but you still want to show some skin. I’ve been eyeing this pair of jeans since last year, it’s been living in my wishlist and I’m happy to see it on sale! Though I’m worried about the practicality of them, they would definitely be fun to add to my weekend wardrobe.
- Aquatalia Olita Weatherproof Riding Boot – I have a pair of black riding boots that’s been with me since college. I’ve been so happy with them that I have not bother to look for another pair, until the beginning of this year when I realize it’s slowly falling apart. I’m definitely going to take it to a shoe parlor and try to see if they can put my baby back together, but in case they can’t, I think these will be a great replacement pair. I love the style of riding boots and the hardware/detail on these are very simple but cute. I also love the fact that it’s weatherproof (but what does that mean exactly?), so hopefully it’ll hold up in the snow better compare to my old ones.
- Frye Melissa Button Leather Riding Boot – Another riding boots option, but this pair comes in 2 different brown shades. I had a pair of brown boots but I have not worn them in years because in the winter I usually just grab everything black for a very easy put together outfit. But these will be great for fun fall outdoor activities, they’ll also look super cute with flannels.
- Dior So Real Sunglasses – This one is something you need to be ready to splurge on. They’re beautiful sunglasses and I’ve been wanting them for the longest time. I ended up getting a dupe from ASOS a couple weeks ago (not in the colors I want but that was the only option they have) and I think I’ll be able to move on without these. Though when I saw these as part of the Anniversary Sale, I was pretty excited! If you just can’t go without them for any longer, you do get a decent discount during the sale!
It’s that time of the year again, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is officially upon us! Early Access started last week and today the sale is officially open to everyone! I already got the Jo Malone set during the Early Access Sale, but still have a long list of things on my wish list. Below are some of my picks that I’m currently lusting over. Happy shopping everyone!
- Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Collection
I’ve been wanting to get a Jo Malone Perfume but couldn’t for the life of me make up my mind. When I tried this set in store, I immediately fell in love with the scent, but I didn’t purchase it on the spot because I wanted to make sure I’ll still love it overtime. I took home the little paper I sprayed it on and left it on the end table by my bed, after a few days I can still smell the lovely scent when I lay in bed and I still love it just as much as when I first smelled it fresh out of the bottle, I knew then that it was the one.
- Voluspa Maison Jardin Two Wick Tin Candle Trio
This candle set was recommended to me by the Nordstrom lady that walked me through the Early Access Sale section. I’ve always found their packaging adorable, but never smelled them before. There are 2 sets available during this sale and each comes with their own scent family. My personal favorite is the floral scent set, as it’s not harsh on the nose and smells very comforting to me, but both are lovely and the tins would be a great addition to your home/apartment decor.
- Bobbi Brown Brush Set
As any makeup lovers would tell you, Bobbi Brown have amazing brushes. This set includes one of the most coveted brushes – Full Coverage Face Brush, along with 4 other brushes is truly a steal (all full size, amazing). For those of you who’s been wanting to try out her brushes but couldn’t justify the hefty price tag, this is definitely the best bang for your buck set.
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys Set
Feel like splurging on some lipsticks? This is a gorgeous set with 3 different beautiful shades. I’ve actually never owned a Tom Ford lipstick and personally would like to try them since I’ve heard so many good things about them. This set is a great value especially if you don’t have the colors included in the set already. Great for those who’re just beginning their Tom Ford journey.
- Vince Camuto Maves Bootie
Booties will forever be my favorite style shoes to wear. I love this light taupe color and also think the pull on style could be nice (although depending on the shoes). But like all shoes, I would say always try it on first before committing. Good thing that Nordstrom has amazing return policy, so if you can’t find your size in store, you can always order them and try them on at home.
- Louise et Cie Zalia Ankle Bootie
A pair of very polished, put together black booties is a must for all girls. I love how clean and simple the design is, making it the perfect pair of boots to go with every outfit from office to a night out.
- Franco Sarto Linden Leather Bootie
A more casual pair of black booties with wood tone heels. Unlike the all black booties which looks more serious and edgy, this pair would work best with more causal, everyday outfits. This style comes in 3 different colors, I also really like the brown pair which reminds me a lot of the Hudson Horrigan booties.
- Treasure & Bond Catalina Mid Engineer Boot
Remember a long time ago I mentioned that my go to pair of flat, pull on booties is on its way out? Well I still have yet to find another pair to replace it. Nothing I’ve seen or tried on makes me feel comfortable enough to replace them, and now the inner lining is seriously hanging on by a thread… This pair reminds me a lot of them, with a little extra bling added on. I think I’ll have to try them on in person before I can decide if they would be good enough to replace my old ones. But style wise they’re definitely close!
- Rebecca Minkoff Lexi Bucket Bag
I had a thing for bucket bags a few months ago, but never was able to justify buying one because, honestly it’s just not a style I think will work well for me. I like to have my things very organized (or as organized as possible) in my bag, compartments and a more structure style is definitely my favorite. But I do really love the look of bucket bags and think they’re so great for adding something different to an outfit, this Rebecca Minkoff one is so cute and comes in 3 different colors for girls with different style! Definitely a great deal and gorgeous bag to snag up if you’re in the market for a nice bucket bag. That being said, I still don’t think I would get one, as I’ve made a deal with myself that the next bag I get would be one I’ll use for years, and bucket bag is probably not the style I would want…
*images taken from Nordstrom.com*
Today is the start of the second bonus points event at Nordstrom this year! It’s the perfect time for the Nordstrom card holders to get items that are never on sale (because you get extra points for rewards which is kind of like the item being on sale, right?), some of the things you’ve been eyeing, or restock on some of the items that are running low. I plan on taking full advantage of this event as there are a few things I’ve been wanting to get and some everyday items I need to restock. Below are some items that are on my wish list or shopping cart! Need some serious self control to not go over budget now…
- Jo Malone
Everything about Jo Malone! The packaging is beautiful and the scents are delicious. I’ve been wanting to get something from Jo Malone for a long time but just can’t make up my mind on which scent I want to purchase yet., since the price tag is slightly on the hefty side I’m definitely going to take my time and figure out which one is right for me before purchasing (though it’s been months now and I still can’t decide…).
- MAC Lip Pencil in Soar
The famous lip pencil for Kylie Jenner’s lips. I’m not sure if I’ll ever bother to do lip pencil on a daily basis, but every once in a while it is nice to add a little oomph to my pout. I think it’s definitely worth a try to see what all the hype is about.
- TOMS Majorca Suede Bootie
I’m in love with these booties! They’re on trend and will be perfect for spring, summer and even fall. And since they’re TOMS you know you’re helping a good cause while making your outfit look good, not to mention they’re famous for being comfortable! Also apparently Nordstrom sales these socks for peep toes shoes which looks really interesting and might be worth investigating. I’ve always wonder how to deal with wearing boots with no socks… Now problem solved!
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude
Another lip pencil, this one got my attention because of heyclaire‘s video (shocking I know). I’m obsessed with everything about her, so naturally I’m interested in the products she likes. I don’t think I’ll need 2 new lip pencils, so if I do purchase one I’ll have to seriously think about which one to go with.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
This little gem has been on my mind for a realllllly long time, but I haven’t been able to justify buying it since I already have a few contouring products and I don’t do contour that often. But all the reviews and rave about this product makes me want to try it so badly!
- Aveda Pure Abundance range
I love the 2 Aveda products I have (damage remedy daily hair repair and the color conserve daily color protect) and use them religiously. When I was running low on my shampoo and conditioner, I started considering buying a nicer replacement for my current drug store ones. I’ve always wanted a fuller head of hair and have been looking at different brands like living proof or bumble and bumble for a solution, but nothing really strikes my fancy and most of the reviews are mixed. So when I was reading about the good reviews on the Pure Abundance range by Aveda, I thought it would be a good one to start with since I love all the product I’ve used from them and trust the quality and consistency of the brand.
*images taken from Nordstrom.com*
Recently during my Chicago trip I stopped by the Topshop store on the Magnificent Mile to browse around, when I saw this dress hanging on the rack I took a good minute just standing there admiring it because it was so beautiful. I found out later it’s a dress Beyonce had worn before! I don’t really keep up on celebrity fashion but it was cool to know I have the same taste as Bey and/or her stylist *pats self on back*. Now back to the dress, the fabric is kind of weird and out of the ordinary, stiff and upholstery like, but the silky surface is very comfortable to the touch and the cut of this dress looks very cute and classy. I didn’t get it since it doesn’t really fit my lifestyle, which means I probably won’t wear very often, but it was so beautiful I just had to share! In case any of you is looking for a new dress to add to your wardrobe that can be worn to a classy dinner or just a brunch date with friends, this is definitely one you should consider!
What fashion pieces have you been dreaming of lately?
*image from Nordstrom.com*