I’m not too adventurous with my lip color choices, I like to keep them neutral and that is it. For the fall and winter I’ll go a little darker, and for spring I usually switch to a more nude lineup. Like what I did for my Fall Lips Lineup, I’m going to go over a few that’s been the residents of my handbag for the past few weeks that I plan on keeping there for the rest of the spring and carrying into the summer.
First up is the newest to my lip product family, the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor Buffs in Sin-a-mon per recommendation from Claire and Tamira, it’s a beautiful nude color with a hint of brown that is very sophisticated and perfect for everyday looks. Second is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter I got last year, it’s formula is one of my favorite and after a year it’s still going strong! Then comes the most loved neutral lipstick by many bloggers, the MAC Patisserie has a great consistency when applied and doesn’t dry your lips out, the color is slightly more pink than my Maybelline Sin-a-mon, which is a great alternative for days when you want a younger neutral hue. Last but not least is the NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair, a great drug store option with great formula and the color applies beautifully.
In the winter, my lips get extremely dry especially after being in the office all day. I always have some sort of chapstick with me no matter where I go, I also have a bunch of eos balms laying around – one stationed at my office desk, one on my living room coffee table, one by my bed, one in the bathroom and one in my purse. But times like this I long for something stronger, more moist and hydrating than my standard lineup.
I’ve been overlooking this little pod of Sisley lip balm for a long long time mainly because you have to apply with you finger which to me is a real inconvenience when you’re out/traveling/driving. Recently I decided to revisit this pod because I figure if I like all their other products so much, why not give this a try? After using it I have to say, this little thing is seriously amazing! I now apply it every night before I go to bed because it keeps my lips hydrated throughout the night and into the morning. It’s very soothing, super long lasting, and the texture is not greasy but instead very buttery and comfortable on the lips, I love the fact that it doesn’t feel like there’s a heavy layer over your lips.
I can’t believe I waited this long to try it, but I’ve come to really appreciate it. Definitely recommend it to everyone that’s suffering from the winter chapped lips.
No matter where I go, I always make sure I have these items in my purse before I leave the house. They’re nothing fancy, but just some necessities I can’t live without.
- Keys – Can’t lock the doors without them, can’t get into the car without them, gotta have them!
- Wallet – I sometimes compact them into a smaller card holder, depending on where I go. But usually I like to take the whole thing because then I know I’ve got everything I need in there.
- Phone – I simply can’t live without. I rely on GPS way too much when I drive, and I always like to make sure I have my phone just in case I get locked out of my apartment/car/office.
- Something for the lips – I don’t really care if it has colors, I just want something that will keep my lips hydrated. They get so chapped especially when I spend all day in the office (the heater is a killer). They are such a necessity for me that I leave one at my work desk, one on my living room desk, and a few in my purse just in case… I’m kind of like the crazy lip product lady I guess.
- Hair tie – For the days you just hate your hair, hair tie is your best friend! I usually keep at least one in my purse, and in the event that I used it and forgot to put it back… Well, that just puts a big dent on my day.
- Hand cream – This is kind of a new thing for me. I’ve never cared for hand cream because I never really feel the need for them and thought they just make my hands more greasy. But as I get older and working in a space with heat/ac on for more than 8 hrs a day, my hands started to get dry and uncomfortable especially in the afternoon (or maybe it’s just because I’m getting older…), I started to see the benefit of hand cream and now keep one at my desk and one in my purse.
What items are your must have when you leave the house?