There are so many things to love about Jo Malone, from the beautifully layered scents to the simple, elegant packaging. Ever since I saw the brand and their offerings from different blogs, I was not able to get it out of my head.
After visiting their counters multiple times and trying out different scent samples, I finally decided on one to start! To my surprise I actually didn’t go with the original one I thought I was going to get, which was the Blackberry & Bay – A beautiful, refreshing and upbeat fruity scent. I ended up falling in love with the Nectarine Blossom & Honey – A soft, mellow, and sweet mix of peaches and honey, which I tried during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access. The scent is very comforting but at the same time very refreshing and summery, I think it’s perfect for the season and will be great to mix and match with some other scent in the future as well.
During my visit to the counter, I also looked around at their candles (because honestly, who doesn’t love a great candle?) and fell in love with the White Lilac & Rhubarb candle – A mix of fruity, floral and refreshing scent that smells like a summer garden in a candle. It is a limited edition candle with special packaging that helps support the community gardens (you can read more about each of the projects they’re helping here). Not only was the candle for a good cause and smells amazing, but the colorful printed packaging is unlike traditional Jo Malone candles and will be a great decor that adds a touch of summer in any home.
This was definitely a splurge, but I truly believe a good bottle of fragrance really makes a difference of a person’s appearance and presentation, and with the new apartment’s move in date around the corner, I’m excited to have a great candle to accompany me at my new home!
With the holiday, Black Friday and Cyber Monday around the corner, I’m sure most of you are already prepping your shopping list for the holiday. I know personally I like browsing way in advance and pick out what I want to get before all the holiday sales start, so as soon as the promotion deals hit the stores I can snatch the items I want right away without hesitation (quick, ruthless, and precise).
For those of you that are still looking for ideas and inspiration on what to get, here is a gift guide/wish list I’ve made with things I think would be great to get for others but also great to add to your own wish list!
- NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette – Perfect for any makeup lover or beginner in your life. This beautifully packaged palette contains 3 blush, 1 highlight and 1 bronzer. Great quality and great bank for your buck, a one stop shop for a perfect cheek look for the holiday!
- Jo Malone Fragrance – Fragrance is a very personal item to purchase for someone, as everyone has a different taste when it comes to scent. If you’re afraid the scent you picked out might not be the perfect fit for him/her (since the body chemistry is different for every person and the fragrance reacts to your chemistry differently), you can always ask for some samples and have them test it out first (though it won’t be a surprise anymore).
- Diptyque Candle – Another one of my favorites and is perfect for everyone and anyone. Diptyque candles are gorgeous and they have a variety of scent you can pick from, if you can’t decide which one will fit best for them you can always pick up the minis for your loved ones. The empty candle holder also can serve as a brush holder or mini vase for flowers!
- Fresh Sugar Cravings Kissing Trio – Cold weather usually means heater and chapped lips, pick up a set of these Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment as a gift set or stocking stuffers, you know they will thank you later.
- An oversize, super comfortable cardigan (like this one from Lou & Grey or this one from Madewell) – In the winter time what else is better than sitting by the fireplace drinking hot cocoa in your most comfortable cardigan? A nice oversize cardigan is not only a great lounge piece but can also be a very stylish layer to add to their everyday outfit.
- Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream – Again with the heat and dryness everyone has to endure in the winter time, a nice hand cream can cure it all. Like the lip treatment, these babies help keep your hands soft and smelling amazing.
- Buffalo check scarf – Another cozy item on the list, a nice scarf can make an outfit. Having a scarf that can both acts as a statement piece or a cozy layer is a must in the winter time. There are so many options out there but my favorites are the buffalo check ones because they reminds me of the cabin and vacation.