I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get to this post, but better late than never!
I have a couple of Bite Beauty Lipsticks and I love the formula, so Back in October when I took a trip to NYC, I knew I couldn’t pass on the chance to visit the Bite Beauty Lip Lab and create some for myself. I opt for the standard color option instead of customizing a color for myself, and ended up spending more than half an hour picking out the colors I want (definitely very glad I didn’t go custom because I might be there all day trying every color combo possible).
With the 2 color options I picked out a MLBB neutral color in their Amuse Bouche formula and a deep berry color in their matte formula. I really enjoy the experience of trying out different colors/formula leisurely and without having to clean out each lipstick before I try them like when you have to do in store. It is funny to see the colors I’m drawn to in the tube and the colors that I actually like when it’s on me. I think I’m starting to get a hang of picking out the correct color for myself. I forced myself to picked out a bold, fun color because I already have so many nude lipsticks and really want to branch out and add some bold lip options to my collection, and I’m so happy with the berry color I picked out. It’s so perfect for fall and winter and the matte formula is extremely comfortable and not drying. It’s not as matte as M.A.C. but I find that even though I love the look of matte lipsticks, I don’t usually like the way they apply on me and if they’re super matte it usually makes my lip look really wrinkly and old, so the Bite Beauty matte formula is perfect for me. I know they don’t do that formula anymore on Sephora and it might be something you can only get at the Lip Lab, so I would definitely recommend you trying it if you get a chance!
It was truly a treat getting to pick out your own color and see them making it into a tube. It would be perfect as a girls date, mother daughter date, or just as a gift for the special beauty lover in your life. The next time you visit NYC and have some time to spare, definitely check it out!
Thanks to the recent Sephora VIB sale, I was able to purchase some items I’ve been wanting to try for a while. Today’s look is made up with some tried and true favorites and a couple newcomers I want to point out that’re making their way to my everyday rotation!
I have been an Anastasia brow product fan since I started purchasing makeup for myself – first there was the Brow Wiz, then come the Brow Definer – I’m a big fan of both and for the longest time I’ve been resisting to try new brow products, because if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? Well, kind of. During the sale I decided to give the Benefit Goof Proof Brown Pencil a try because there have been a lot of hype about it (and the Benefit Brow products in general) circulating the internet. And I have to say, I’m very impressed by it and have been reaching for it almost every day. I love that it’s so easy to apply and the packaging makes it very easy to handle. I find the formula very creamy, and dare I say I think it might be even cremier than the Anastaisa range, though you have to be careful because it’s very pigmented and you can easily overdo it if you’re not paying attention.
For the longest time I debated whether or not I want to get the Modern Renaissance Palette. The color in this palette is very untraditional and not something I would have picked out for myself normally, but with all the red hue makeup look popping up everywhere, I was encouraged by the internet to trying these colors out. The formula is so easy to blend, and the reds are surprisingly easy to work with even for an everyday work look. I’m pretty comfortable with even the bolder warm shades (Red Ocher, Realgar), but I wanted to be more adventurious with my makeup so I’ve been incorporating more of the cooler shades (Venetian Red, Love Letter) in this palette into my everyday look and am loving it. This palette is so easy to use even though the color in the pan looks a little scary, I would definitely recommend anyone that’s still on the fence about purchasing to try it out!
The last new-in item I want to mention is the Viseart Blush Palette. Viseart products are known for their quality as they’re originally made for pro artists to use, and though the package isn’t as fancy and glamourious as some of the other brands on the market, I promist they’re definitely worth while. Spending this much money on an item is usually a hard pill to swallow, regardless of your budget, but as many reviews have mentioned the price per oz/g is actually pretty compareable, if not cheaper than many of the other mid range products out ther (it’s actually about $3.3 a gram compare to a Too Faced blush that’s about $4.3 a gram and a Benefit Blush that’s $5.8 a gram). There are 3 different palette combination to chose from so there’s something for everyone, if you’re in the market for some beautiful, pigmented blush, you should definitely try these out.
On my face today: Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer // Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint in Medium // Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette // Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Mad Max // Viseart Blush Palette in Plum/Bronze // Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brown Pencil in 04 // Glossier Boy Brow in Brown // Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
This year I notice my skin is getting more dry than usual, so I decided to explore and experiment with body creams out there. I’m actually very very excited about all the skincare and bath products I got, which I usually am not. Below I’m gonna go through all the items I purchased, some I have not had the time to fully try them out yet, so like the makeup haul, I will pop in some first impression of them!
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil 7 Piece Body Butter Collection
Anything in a jar usually turns me off, for sanitary reason and my own laziness. But I really wanted something thick and heavy as a winter moisturizer so I decided to give this set a try. You get 7 different scents to try which is a great way to explore a brand that’s new to you. So far I really like the body butter from how it applies to how it leaves my skin. I apply it on my body (specifically legs which gets the most dry) after I shower and it keeps my skin very hydrated and moisturized throughout the night. It is very smooth and not tacky when applying, which was my biggest fear when it comes to heavy moisturizers.
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Body Boom
The Bum Bum Cream has been all over the internet, I’m curious about the hype and want to know if it’ll actually tighten up my skin. During my quest of searching for some moisturizer to test out I saw the set which is only 10 dollars more than the full size Bum Bum Cream and comes with a full size body wash, so I got suckered into getting the set. I have yet to try out the moisturizer yet because I wanted to give the Josie Maran Body Butter a fair try before switching, so TBD on how it works (the packaging though is so so adorable).
- Ouai Clean Shampoo and Repair Conditioner
Reading the review online for Ouai I was really skeptical on the smell, because a lot of people said it smells like old lady (but what does that even mean?). I decided to give it a try anyway because there are also a lot of great review and I have yet to find a shampoo and conditioner set that I really love. Upon first try I actually really like the smell, it’s very subtle but comforting, it doesn’t make me nauseous or overwhelm me. I went with the Clean Shampoo and Repair Conditioner combination because I really want something that will give my scalp a good clean, but also want to avoid having it strip away all the shine or dry out my hair. So far I would say I enjoy using them, will need a longer testing period to see if it’s a repurchase worthy product.
- Moroccanoil Fleur de Rose Shampoo and Conditioner
I had a sample of this shampoo and conditioner and liked it upon initial use, but after a while, the scent got a little overwhelming. I got them during the sale because I wanted to give it another try, but when I opened the packaging without ripping off the seal of the shampoo, I knew the smell would be too much for me. It’s a beautiful rose scent, which might be beautiful for a candle, but as a shampoo and conditioner it was just a little too much. They went back to the store the next day…
- Nest Holiday Ornament Scented Candle
If you want your home to smell like Christmas, these are not only delicious smelling but the packaging is also very festive. They would be great for decorating your home for the holiday or as gifts to loved ones.
- Belif Don’t Be Flaky Gift Set
I’m a big fan of the Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb and have been wanting to try their Moisturizing & Firming Eye Cream because HeyClaire raves about it all the time. I’ve been hesitant to purchase the full size eye cream because I’m pretty forgetful when it comes to applying it… So this set was perfect for me! I have yet to open the Hungarian Water Essence and I honestly have no idea what it really is, so will have to give that a test run before I report back.
November to me officially marks the beginning of the holiday season. All the holiday commercials are rolling out, decorations around the stores and shopping malls are going up, and the holiday gift sets of course are always something I’m excited to see.
For this haul I’m dividing up the makup and skin/bath and body portion so hopefully the post is not too wordy. Though I just received these products not that long ago so it will be hard to give a full review, I want to run through the list and my first impression of them!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette
I’m extremely happy that I decided to get this palette! The colors are very different than what I usually wear but they’re all very wearable. I’m able to create looks that are very neutral but also can put out some super dramatic looks, which I lack in my collection. The formula is amazing and I really enjoy playing around with it so far.
- Viseart Blush Palette in Plum/Bronze
Pretty much all my blushes are very summer-y, so when I saw the colors in this palette I couldn’t wait to try it out. I think the colors are perfect for the fall and winter, and the bronze will be great for the days you just want a little more definition on your face but don’t want to contour. But do keep in mind that they’re extremely pigmented, so use a very light hand when applying (especially the blush).
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario (an honorable mention)
I purchased this before the sale, but want to mention this in case you see one in store. This palette is one of the most gorgeous palette I’ve seen. Yes it’s another neutral palette, but I just couldn’t resist. The colors are so beautiful and the formula is so buttery, though I would be careful with the fallout. If you happen to come across this palette, BUY IT! It’s truly amazing.
- Tom Ford Ultra-Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me
This is my first ever Tom Ford lipstick! I’ve been wanting to try one but they don’t carry Tom Ford in the Nordstrom near me and I simply can’t justify buying a $53 lipstick… So when I saw Sephora started carrying some of their makeup items, I knew this would be my chance to try. The packaging is beautiful as you would expect, and I’m a little afraid to try the lipstick because I feel like I’m going to ruin the embossed logo, haha. I really do love the color from looking at it in the bullet tho, and can’t wait to try it out.
- Besame Cosmetics Classic Color Lipstick in Red Velvet
Red lips is something I love when I see it on others but never had the courage to try. When I discover this brand, I was very intrigued by their “classic reds” statement and the interesting shape of their lipstick. I got the Red Velvet which is slightly deeper red and not as orange or bright as a true red, but I think it suites my skin tone better.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Uptight
Another neutral lipstick, because a girl simply can’t have enough neutrals. I tried this color in store a while back and have been waiting for the sale to get it. I went with Uptight which is a Comfort Matte formula, a medium neutral color that is warm but not too brown. Sometimes I find a cool tone neutral can make me look a little dead so after many trial and error, I think I finally know what shades suites me best when it comes to neutral lipsticks.
- Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara
Mascara is not something I get very excited about. I can never really tell the difference other than if it smudges on me or not. My eyelashes are not that impressive so even with a volumizing mascara, you can’t really tell the difference from regular mascara. I was recommended this by my coworker so I thought why not? I plan on giving it a few try to see if it makes me feel “wow”.
I’ve been on a beauty product hiatus lately, not being very interested in new beauty products, and not very motivated to try new things. But when the Sephora Holiday Shopping Event is right around the corner, it kind of force me to plan and think about the items I need to restock, and also list out some things I would like to try. Every year beauty lovers all over look forward to this event, because it’s simply an amazing deal and the perfect time for you to stock up on basics or try out luxury items at a great discount! This year is no different, and I’ve manage to pull myself back together and create a list of items I’m extremely interested in getting my hands on during the sale! Here are some of the items I’m eyeing, what are you planning on getting?
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette
I’ve been eyeing this palette since it was released, the red tone in this palette is so different from anything I have. The colors are kind of intimidating, but after seeing a lot of tutorials online, they look so versatile! It is definitely one of those outside of my comfort zone product that I’m nervous but excited to try.
- Ouai Shampoo and Conditioner
Ouai has been one of the most talked about hair product this year, the baby of the hair genius Jen Atkin pretty much markets itself. I’m particular interested in the CLEAN shampoo to help tame the oily mess that’s on my head.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit – Surreal Light
Okay, so I don’t need anymore face palette… But just look at this packaging! I’ve never tried any of the Hourglass powders so this palette seems like a great way to try them out!
- Tom Ford Ultra-Rich Lip Color
I think this one is pretty self explanatory here. Owning a Tom Ford lipstick is every beauty lover’s dream, but the hefty $50 + price tag is not a easy pill to swallow. The Sephora sale is a great chance to get your hands on one at a discounted price since there are no brand restriction during this sale. If you’ve been wanting to get a Tom Ford lipstick but haven’t been able to justify it, this is your chance!
- Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Magnet Liquid Lipstick
Another high end lip product that normally would be hard to justify buying… I personally have not tried this product yet but am definitely interested to see what all the hype is about.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer
One of the things I always have to purchase (multiple of) during the sale is my brow pencil. When Anastasia Beverly Hills came out with the Brow Definer earlier this year, I was unsure about it because I love the Brow Wiz so much I didn’t know how I would feel about the new shape of the Brow Definer. Turns out, it’s just as amazing (if not more amazing) than the Brow Wiz. I love the fact that I can be more careless with this one and not have to worry about the “lines” being too obvious.
- Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape & Fill
Speaking of brow products, one simply can’t ignore the huge range of brow products Benefit launched this year. Everything you could ever want for your brows, they’ve got it. I’m a fairly boring person when it comes to brows, I need my brow pencil, and my Glossier Boy Brow. So even though I already have a brand I like, I’m always open to trying out other ones on the market!
- Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1
Dry shampoo is something I haven’t really been able to get on with. I just don’t seem to find them effective and it usually just makes me feel more greasy. I’ve heard a lot of good reviews of this one tho, so I’m tempted to give it a try.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
One of my favorite things to play around with makeup wise is eyeshadow, and one simply can’t go without a good primer. I’ve been loyal to the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer since the very beginning, because I find it very effective and doesn’t give me a silicon-y feeling when applied.
- Urban Decay Naked3
Another out of the ordinary color palette for me. But since I’ve pretty much got my neutral palette covered, I thought it’s time to add in some fun colors. I’ve played around with this palette before at my friend’s place, and really like the look of the pinks on me which is unusual. Though I’m really interested in the palette, I have yet to be able to pull the trigger to purchase it, but I think the 20% off might just be the push I need to get it!
- Buxom True Nude Lip Foundation
I’m forever trying to find a good nude lipstick. I really like the coverage on this one and the color selection seems right up my alley.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
An everyday stable in my makeup routine. Always good to have a few in stock in case you run out!
- Stella Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
I still can’t decide if I like this one or the Kat Von D one more. I think they each have their time and place, so I like to have one of each in my collection so I can have my options depending on my mood that day.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer
A good face moisturizer is hard to come by. I’ve tried a few brands that are ok, but I’m not wow by. The only one that I absolutely love is the Sisley one my mom gave me, but that’s simply too expensive for me to repurchase whenever I run out… So I’m still on the lookout for a good alternative for the day I run out of my Sisley moisturizer.
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
Another product that peaked my interest because of the name. The fact that it’s supposed to help firm up your skin just makes it even more intriguing.
Bomber jacket is such a fun piece to wear for casual events, but I feel it’s near impossible to wear in an office environment. It is looking like the trend will continue into the fall, and although I’m not sure if it will be a practical purchase, I can’t help but look at them online.
Here are some of my picks from ASOS, some are very classic, some are modified bombers. There are so many options out there that I hope I’ll be able to find one that works for me!
- Adidas Originals Primary Three Stripe Bomber Jacket – Adidas bomber jackets are definitely a classic. I love the signature 3 stripe and the Originals’ logo. There are many color combination and I thought the pop of the 3 primary colors gives the overall look some fun factor.
- ASOS Bomber Jacket in Color Block – Going for something a little more feminine, the pink and grey comb brings out a more girly side of bomber jackets. It looks very soft and comforting, and will work great as casual wear.
- Monik Textured Jersey Bomber Jacket – This piece has a slightly different texture/material than the traditional bomber. The texture makes you do a double take when you first see it and I think it’s a great way to make it look less casual.
- New Look Padded Bomber Jacket – I think the color I’m most interested in is a olive green bomber jacket because it’s just so easy to pair with everything. The neutral tone of the green goes well with black, grey, white, brown and the list goes on. Keeping it simple is usually the best policy!
- ASOS Longline Bomber Jacket in Satin Fabric – This jacket in particular caught my eye because of the interesting hemline. I like that it has the traditional bomber jacket but the shape looks completely different. I think this piece will be fun to style when you want to dress up a little.
It has been very exciting around here! After a little over 8 and a half years of dating, Brian and I finally made it official and are now engaged! There are no words to describe our happiness and excitement, I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with the person that understands me, makes me so happy, and knows how to calm me down when I’m being unreasonably stressed.
The future is unknown, but I’m so grateful that I’ll have him to lean on through thick and thin.
Hi everyone! Hope you’re doing well. I apologize for being a little absent on the blog lately, but there’s a good reason for that… We welcomed a new member to our family last weekend! And life has not been the same since.
Meet Henry, our little baby Corgi. He’s currently just a little over 10 weeks old! He has the same birthday as his me and the same Chinese Zodiac sign as my parents, which I find incredibly endearing. We love him to death, although sometimes he could be a handful and hard to deal with (comes with the territory I supposed, haha). We’re doing our best to get our life back to a somewhat normal schedule, but it will take a while before he grows to be a calmer pup *fingers crossed*.
I’m hoping to be resuming to a more normal blog schedule in the next week or two, please bear with me! In the meantime, you can follow Henry’s growing diary on his Instagram account @henrycorgibear for a daily dose of cuteness!
One of the most talked about sale of the year is here! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is usually the best time to shop and preview some of the new items for fall, and of course scoop up some great beauty deals that is good year round.
Here are some items that’s caught my eye from this year’s sale that I think would be great additions to everyone’s fall wardrobe/beauty routine.
- Sigma The Power Pair Set – I’ve been washing my brushes with my hands since I first started using brushes, which was sufficient enough when it was mainly just eyeshadow brushes. But recently I started using more and more foundation/tinted moisturizer and I realize how much product can get trapped in there, it takes a long time to get out washing by hand, and still sometimes I still don’t feel they’re 100% clean. When I saw this set in the “Beauty Exclusives” section, I was more than thrilled. Not only have I been eyeing this little mat for a long time, but I also get a flat top kabuki brush which will be great to add into my foundation brush rotation. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I cannot wait to clean my brushes!
- Glamglow Glamazing Gravity Mud Set – The very popular silver mask that took the internet by storm. I had a sample size of this a while back and loved the way it make my face feel after using (and on top of that, the silver mask looks super cool that I almost convinced Brian to use it too, almost). With my mom coming to visit in August, I thought this might be a fun mother daughter activity to do with her while dad is out busy at the conference.
- Diptyque Scented Candle Set – I love candles all year round, but especially in the fall and winter because it makes the space feel extra cozy. Diptyque candles are loved by many but also cost a pretty penny, this set has some of the most iconic scents from Diptyque and is a great way to test out the water. They also come in super adorable tiny packaging which is great to use as displays around the house.
- Voluspa Maison Blanc Mini Tin Candle Trio – Another candle selection but at a more affordable price point. Last year when they had these trios during the Anniversary Sale I almost purchased them, but at the time I had just purchased a couple Diptyque candles from Hautelook and couldn’t justify having 10 candles sitting around my tiny apartment so I passed. This year, with all the ones I have running low, I’ll finally be able to give these a try! There are 2 scent combinations so I would definitely recommend stopping by the store to give them a sniff!
- Hinge Wool Round Crown Hat – Hats always sound like a great idea, but whenever I get ready in the morning, I always prefer beanies over hats with brims. But this year, I would like to try and change things up a bit and add some hats to my wardrobe rotation. I think they can really add to an outfit, and I feel like if it’s a well fitted hat, it would withstand the wind outside and not ruin your hair after a day of wear. We’ll see if I end up sticking to my words tho…
- BLANKNYC Morning Suede Moto Jacket – Moto jackets are something I think are great additions to any wardrobe. Though I only own 2 currently (one thin one for spring and summer, one black leather for the fall and winter), I reach for them almost every time I want to up my outfit game. I’ve been wanting to get a suede one in a neutral color since last winter, but wasn’t able to find one that I like at a reasonable price point. When I saw this one on sale, I immediately added it to my wishlist. I’m a little worried that it might be a little too cropped, but I’m excited to try it on when it arrives in the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed that it fits the way I want.
- French Connection Hooded Parka With Faux Fur Trim – Parkas are a fun stable for fall and winter. I’m always most drawn to the olive colored ones. I love this one especially because the fur is black instead of the standard neutral/brown colors. It reminds me of one of the ones Zara came out with last year (that was sold out in my size before I could order one). The only thing that worries me is the fit, as I’m pretty short and it’s really hard to find a parka that doesn’t look like it’s swallowing me.
- BLANKNYC Skinny Dipper Distressed Skinny Jeans – Okay, I know ripped jeans are not really great for winter, but it’s perfect for fall weekend when it’s just cool enough out but you still want to show some skin. I’ve been eyeing this pair of jeans since last year, it’s been living in my wishlist and I’m happy to see it on sale! Though I’m worried about the practicality of them, they would definitely be fun to add to my weekend wardrobe.
- Aquatalia Olita Weatherproof Riding Boot – I have a pair of black riding boots that’s been with me since college. I’ve been so happy with them that I have not bother to look for another pair, until the beginning of this year when I realize it’s slowly falling apart. I’m definitely going to take it to a shoe parlor and try to see if they can put my baby back together, but in case they can’t, I think these will be a great replacement pair. I love the style of riding boots and the hardware/detail on these are very simple but cute. I also love the fact that it’s weatherproof (but what does that mean exactly?), so hopefully it’ll hold up in the snow better compare to my old ones.
- Frye Melissa Button Leather Riding Boot – Another riding boots option, but this pair comes in 2 different brown shades. I had a pair of brown boots but I have not worn them in years because in the winter I usually just grab everything black for a very easy put together outfit. But these will be great for fun fall outdoor activities, they’ll also look super cute with flannels.
- Dior So Real Sunglasses – This one is something you need to be ready to splurge on. They’re beautiful sunglasses and I’ve been wanting them for the longest time. I ended up getting a dupe from ASOS a couple weeks ago (not in the colors I want but that was the only option they have) and I think I’ll be able to move on without these. Though when I saw these as part of the Anniversary Sale, I was pretty excited! If you just can’t go without them for any longer, you do get a decent discount during the sale!