Sorry for the 2 weeks break on here guys! I took a long overdue 2 week vacation home to Taiwan at the beginning of February, and it was amazing! I don’t get to go home as often as I would like anymore ever since I started working because tickets are quite pricey and it takes almost 24 hrs to get home, which means I’ll have to at least be able to take off a week of work to make going home worth the time and money. But going home always makes me so happy, even if it’s only 2 short weeks. I was so glad to be home and see my friends and family. It was a not too short but not too long vacation, and I miss it so much already.
This year, I was able to go home for Chinese New Year for a little over 2 weeks! This trip has been in the planning since last summer, and I was beyond excited when it was actually time to travel. Unlike past trips home, this year Brian came with me and he was able to meet my family and friends and see me in my comfort zone. And this time I also made a conscious decision to spend more time with my family, which I’m very glad I did. When I was younger, I spent most of my time home with my friends and I barely get to spend any quality time with my parents and grandparents, as I grow older I’m starting to realize and appreciate more of the importance of family, though I didn’t get to see all the friends I would like this time around, I’m so glad I was able to spend a lot of time with my family.
Here are some of the pictures I’ve taken during my trip home with my (and some from my friend’s) iPhone! This year since Brian was with me we did a lot more tourist-y things and saw a lot of places I usually wouldn’t (and some that I’ve never been to before). It was a different experience compare to my past trips but in a good way. Hope you enjoy my little photo diary!
Happy New Year everyone! Another year, another Humane Society Instagram calendar (where 75% of the sale price goes directly to the animal protection program of the HSUS for a good cause)! Hope everyone had a great start to the year. I kick started this year by going to see my favorite DJ Hardwell (thanks Brian!), and it definitely sets the bar high for 2016. This year, though I do not have many new goals, I want to continue what I’ve started last year and keep on improving.
- To continue with curating my closet and pairing down. I’ve cleared out a lot of the items in my closet already, but there is still that one little pile that I just haven’t been able to get myself to sort it through the last bits and either donate or sell on Poshmark,
- I need to restart documenting my capsule wardrobe challenge. I haven’t given up on it I promise! I just haven’t been able to take pictures and document it in the past few months. And even though I’ve been trying to keep the items in my closet to a minimum, with the holiday sale I might have picked up one too many items and not getting rid of enough that the new ones are supposed to be replacing. I want to have a closet I love, a figure out a more defined style so I can avoid purchasing unnecessary items in the future (it’s been getting better, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement).
- Put in more effort to do my makeup daily. It’s not that I do not care about my appearance for work, but sometimes I give the excuse of “who am I trying to impress” and allow myself to just to the bare minimum. But just because I’m not seeing my significant till after work when I’m home with no makeup on and in my pajamas, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t look nice that day. I really love playing around with makeup, and I love to make myself feel and look good everyday, so just because I’m not seeing anyone important, I should still put in the effort everyday, for myself.
- Last but not least, I want to make sure to time manage better and make myself more productive when I’m at home – With working full time, it’s easy for me to get off work, go home and allow myself to just relax and lounge for the rest of the evening. I’ve become lazy and very unproductive with my nights when I could be doing something to self improve, whether it’s going to the gym, coloring the new coloring books I got for Christmas, or organize my room. I want to be able to be more productive at night, self motivate to do more things instead of just laying in bed watching TV.
These goals may seem very simple and insignificant, and it’s definitely not life changing or revolutionary, but they are definitely important to me and are something I think will really help me personally. Baby steps, right? What are your new year goals?
Can you believe we’ve gone through another year already? I feel that as I get older time goes faster, but there were so many exciting things that happened this year, and I can’t wait for what’s to come in 2016.
This year has been a pretty exciting one, I was able to keep up with this little space and it turned one in May! I also saw one of my best friends get married, attended 2 bachelorette parties, met Steve Aoki, visited LA for the first time, moved in together with my significant other, booked a trip to go visit Taiwan with him, went on my first business trip, and so many more. I’m so thankful for everyone and everything that’s happened this year, and there are so many more exciting things to look forward to in the next.
Thank you all for visiting and supporting my blog, I hope to keep up and come up with more creative content as I grow with it! Please don’t hesitate to throw suggestions and things I can improve my way. I hope everyone have a very happy New Year! See you in 2016!
This past weekend I attended my friend Jess’s bachelorette party at Firefly Music Festival, did glamping with 7 other girls for 4 days and had an amazing time. I had so much fun at the festival and there were 3 acts that I really enjoyed and thought I did share with yall on this Monday morning to help you recover from the weekend!
- Jungle – A band from London with chill, modern jazzy/soul style music. They are fun to listen to, a little funky and goofy, and makes you want to do a little wiggle when their songs come on.
- Kygo – My favorite act of the festival! His tropical house music very relaxing and comfortable to listen to but at the same time makes you want to dance, seriously just good vibes all around. He also plays with a lot of the songs you already know, making it easy to sing and dance along with. I had so much fun singing and dancing to his set at the festival and now I just want to listen to his music on repeat.
- Sublime with Rome – Throwback to the 90s. Sublime was the first band I was introduced to when I moved to the states by my group of friends in high school. I was so happy I get to see them live as it’s associated with lots of great memories, and on top of that their live performance was incredible.
- An honorary mention is this band I discovered at the festival called Generationals. I knew nothing about them before the festival, but ended up being all the way up front for their set and their voices are incredible!
A little indie, a little electro, a little something from across the pond. Hopefully this list will give you some new voices/sound to listen to this week. Make sure to let me know what you think of them!
I can’t believe this little blog turned 1 today (and I turned 26, oh boy)! I started this blog as a birthday goal to myself last year and I’m so happy and proud of myself that I was able to keep up and write throughout the year. At first I just thought it would be fun to write about my shopping/purchases and my journey on learning how to apply makeup, but it has turned into a habit and I really enjoy. I know I still have a lot to learn and things I can improve on, I also know there are times I lack motivation or inspiration when it comes to writing blog posts, but I’m glad I powered it through. I’m glad that I’ve made it this far and cannot wait to continue growing this blog.
Thank you to everyone who came and read my blog throughout this past year, your support and comments help motivate me through this blogging journey. I really can’t say this enough, but thank you all! I hope you will continue to join me and this blog on our journey for the years to come!