After a long time of resisting, I’ve finally gave in and come to terms that summer is the perfect time for espadrilles! The plaited fiber sole just screams summer all over them. Although I’m still skeptical about how the sole will actually hold up after a hot summer, I’m definitely interested and want to give them a try. Here are some of my picks that I think would be fun to wear during the summer!
- Soludos Lace-Up Espadrille Sandal – The simple stripe design is just so adorable! It gives the shoes a nautical vibe and at the same time easy to pair with everything. I especially love the blue and white stripe one because that color combination screams vacation and just looks so relaxing.
- SARTO by Franco Sarto Ravenna Espadrille Platform Sandal – I’m not usually the one that goes for bold color on the feet, or platform in that matter. But this pair really stand out to me. The red will make any outfit pop!
- rag & bone Sayre II Espadrille Wedge Sandal – I’ve seen many iteration in this pair, my favorite is probably the light grey and the tan. I think they’re the perfect color for a summer monochrome look.
- TOMS Bella Espadrille Sandal – I personally like to avoid something complicated on my feet because I prefer something easy to put on/take off (call me lazy). But this pair would be so cute with dresses and shorts.
- Soludos Platform Sandal – Tassels are always on trend during summer. Though the risk you take when you follow a trend is that you might not be able to wear it the next season, but something subtle like this I think will work for as long as it’ll hold up.
- Topshop Kite Studded Wraparound Espadrille – Nude color shoes are great for the summer because it brightens up your overall look and doesn’t make your overall style look too bottom heavy. Though it’s tricky to find the perfect nude for your skin tone (very much like finding a nude lipstick, it’s different for everyone), I think it’s worth the trip to the store and giving a few different shades of nude a try.
- Andre Assous Samantha Sandal – Similar to the red pair from Franco Sarto, platform and espadrille just has a pull on me, I can’t look away when I see them. Depending on your skin tone, this pair will either look very neutral or pop for you, much like the red but less intense in my opinion. So if you want to add some colors to your outfit but don’t want to go too extreme, this color will be a good choice for you!