I waited to write this post because I want to be able to give everything a try before writing my review. Though the Love Note sale is behind us, I hope this will still help you with your future purchases! Now lets go over the (long) list of things I got from the Love Note Sale!
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette – I have been using this palette none stop ever since it arrived in the mail. Although I have only tried a handful of contour items, I really love the creaminess, blend-ability and the longevity of the formula. I never thought having a multiple shades in a contour palette is important, but after realizing how drastic my skin tone changes season to season, I find the variety of shades offer so many options and allows me to use the palette year round.
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette – This peachy beauty is one of a kind, when I saw this I thought it would be the perfect start to help me stray away from only using neutral palettes. The peachy scent is also something worth noting, I don’t own any of the chocolate palette, so I can’t speak to the comparison between the two scents, but I must say that I really enjoy the whiff of peach every time I open this palette. I have already done a review of the palette last week in time for the supposedly Sephora in store release date in case anyone is interested in getting one. Give it a read if you want to know more about it!
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb – I haven’t purchased a true “nude” lipstick in the longest time, probably because of the traumatizing experience of using a lipstick way too nude for me and then thought maybe nude is not my thing… But after seeing a lot of tutorials on YouTube with people using beautiful nude colors, I thought maybe I should give it another shot. When I tried this color on in store I immediately fell in love! It’s a beautiful nude with a little brown and honey that is a true nude on me. My go to has been those “dusty mauve” when I want to achieve a MLBB neutral lip, but I’m really loving this color and think it’ll be a good change of pace for me.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Setting makeup is definitely a very important step in your makeup routing, but I’m the worst offender when it comes to doing so because usually by that time I’m either so tired of putting powder on my face or am already running late to wherever I needed to go. I like the simple step of just spraying it on your face instead of powder, it feels very refreshing and helps wake my skin up. I’m not sure about the lasting power or if it really helped my makeup looking fresh because at the end of the day I feel like my face looks a little shiny… It might take a few tries for me to figure out if this works for me.
- Benefit Cheekathon Blush & Bronzer Palette – This was one of the last minute items I added to my basket. I originally had Hoola in there ready to go, as that’s one of the items I’ve been wanting to try since last year, but when I saw this palette with 5 full size product and only costs $28 more than the individual Hoola, I caved and got this instead. I really love Hoola as it’s a more neutral/cool tone bronzer which is very different from the very warm tone one in my Urban Decay Naked Flush Palette, and it’s also more pigmented and completely matte unlike my NARS Laguna (my current go to). I also like the range of blushes in this palette, covering a pale pink (Dandelion) that’s great for adding a little flush to your face, a coral (CORALista) that’s perfect for the summer days, a shimmer pink (Rockateur) that can also be used as a highlighter, and a mauve-ish tone that is almost brown enough to be bronzer (Dallas). I think this is a great deal especially if you don’t own any of the Benefit Box o’ Powder like me.
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate in Chocolate Honey and Chocolate Milkshake – As I mentioned previously, I’m on a nude kick lately! When I swatch these in store I love how creamy and pigmented it is. One of the problems I run into when applying nude color lip products is the pigmentation of my lips, as they’re naturally darker and if a formula is not pigmented enough, it will not be able to cover up my natural lip color and creating a not so pretty look, so I love how these feel like gloss but is super pigmented and doesn’t dry my lips out. It’s definitely not as long lasting as liquid lipsticks but I prefer to have a more comfortable formula over something that will make me uncomfortable.
- Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair 5 Piece Brush Set – Let me just say that, although I’m not a pink person I can’t resist saying “aww” when I saw this set. Of course the brush handle color is not the main reason I purchased this set, it’s definitely a nice plus. I’ve been looking to beef up my brush collection but have been on the fence about getting more individual brushes because they’re pretty pricey. This set comes with 4 eye brushes and 1 face brush and all are brushes I will use. There’s a powder brush that is perfect for bronzer application, a contour eye brush that is angled which is unlike anything I own and works wonders when applying shadow on the crease, an all over shadow brush to pack on colors on the lid, a blender brush to help with blending color on the crease, and a liner brush for creating detail lines around the under eye area and is the one thing I’m lacking in my collection. They are all super soft and also the fact that it’s cruelty free is a big plus in my opinion!