As I slowly become more and more familiar with makeup, I decide to revisit this topic I saw on some blogs a while back. If you could have only 5 makeup items for the rest of your life, what would they be? I still don’t use much makeup on a day to day bases, but I think I’m now able to pick out 5 things. So here is my list:
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz – If I can only have one makeup item for the rest of my life, a brow pencil will be it. I’m very insecure about my eyebrows, or the lack thereof… So I usually never leave the house without filling them in. I’ve tried many different brow pencils (to be honest this is probably the makeup item I have the most experience in) and the Anastasia Brow Wiz stands out the most! I like the fact it’s a twist-up so you don’t have to worry about the up keeping, and I also like how the nib is tiny which makes it easy to create individual brow hair and make them look more natural than just filling in. I also love the fact that it comes with a spoolie so it’s great to take on the go.
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Eye liner definitely comes in second on my most used makeup item list. I really love them in pencil form, but have been having so many problem with the liner transferring to my upper lids throughout the day. I find that liquid liner works better with holding it’s place, but I just love how convenient eye pencils are. So for my pick I decided to go with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye pencil because it is by far the least transferable pencil and I also love all the options you get (for me though I stick with the matte brown).
3. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector – This is one of the first product I purchased because of blogging, I decided to gave this a try because I read about it on Vivianna Does Makeup, I only have one color currently and definitely plan on purchasing more. As I mentioned in my previous post, I absolutely love this product, it’s the perfect balance of great moisturizing and color!
4. NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette – I personally don’t use a lot of face product (i.e. foundation, primer, BB cream) because I really dislike the feeling of putting creamy/oily stuff on my face, it always make me feel like my face is extra greasy and cannot breath. I’m really lucky that I have no visible pores, not a lot of redness or unequal coloring, and relatively smooth skin (thanks mama Shyu), so when it comes to giving my face a more lively look, I opt for just using this cheek palette to add some colors and definition to it. It has 3 different blush, a bronzer and a highlighter, it’s the perfect one stop shop for your face.
5. Lorac Pro Palette – I’m very lucky that I found the eyeshadow of my dreams so early on in my makeup journey. I am seriously in love with the Lorac Pro Palette and its formula, it has the perfect mix of matte and shimmer that blends so well together, and the colors are so gorgeous on the eyelids. I am not a everyday eyeshadow gal, but I’m trying to be, and if I could only use one for the rest of my life, this would be it.