I’ve always believed that comfort and fashion can coexist, and as we’ve seen from the sneakers trend from SS14, this awesome new wave of combining comfort and fashion in the high fashion world is coming in strong and doesn’t seem like it’s stopping anytime soon, and for FW14, we’re being introduced to a new addition to this comfortable yet fashionable family, and I’m beyond excited! Welcome, joggers!
When it gets cold, all I want to do is wear sweatpants and lounge around with some hot tea, and the joggers trend is definitely helping me justify wearing them more often this fall/winter. This jogger trend gives us way to reinvent our outfits with a more comfortable bottoms that is socially acceptable to wear out with a normal length shirts, and I’m sure I’m not the only one excited about this, right? right? Of course, there are still certain things you should keep in mind when it comes to comfortable fashion, picking out the appropriate fit, material and print is very important so you don’t look like you really just roll out of bed (not the good kind). Take a look at some of my favorites I’ve seen on the internet, but keep in mind I’m picking these out for the purpose of running errands and the occasional outing with friends, not going to a high fashion party. I love all the different yet similar cozy styles I’m seeing, and I’m already dreaming of the comfort level I’ll be in when I wear them.
- Lou & Grey Twill Drawstring Pants – The deep teal color is gorgeous, it is a color that I think will make a big wave in FW14 alongside the aubergine. The dark color makes it look more dressy than your regular jogger which means you’ll be able to dress it up for a more formal outfit.
- GAP Jogger Pants – I’m definitely on a army green train, it’s a great color to add some character to a grey outfit like how they styled it in the picture, this color is also nice for outdoor activities because you don’t really have to worry about it getting dirty.
- Aerie Cable Knit Skinny Jogger – More on a relaxing side of joggers, this pair looks absolutely comfortable, the little knit detail on the side makes it stand out from regular plain joggers and adds a little more style to it.
- J.Crew Factory Skinny Sweatpants – I kind of like the color block situation that’s going on here, a clear separation of the elastic part of the jogger. This pair would be more of the stay at home lounge style instead of going out for me, as the colors look very casual.
- J.Crew Skinny Trouser Sweatpants – Another one of the 2 color joggers, I love the dark grey and black combination, this piece will be great for if you’re going for a sporty look.
- Zara Fleece Trousers – At first glance it looks just like very other black joggers you see, but the little asymmetric print (leather?) detail on the front gives it a high fashion sporty look, this pair of joggers can go both ways, as it will be cute with a pair of sneakers/slip ons or heels!